Friday, January 23, 2009

Moments of Opportunity

Hello there!!! Well it's been a very long time since I've "blogged". Maddison is growing and growing and growing. It's so cool to see her hit her milestones- head control and prop sitting!!! Before I know it, she'll be crawling, cruising, and walking. But I don't want to her grow up that fast! lol :-) She loves making raspberries and blowing bubbles. Check out his cute video of her.

Marissa is playing intramural basketball this year and I'm her coach. So far, so good. We won our first game last weekend!!! Go Sooners!!!!! :D

My classes this semester keep me busy. I'm taking a child nutrition course, which I thought would be easy. But not the case. Projects and presentations due and oh yeah 2 6 page papers!!! And that's just for 1 class! I've been so consumed by the nutrition class and also studying for the GRE (test for graduate school), I've haven't focused on my other 2 courses. My plan for the weekend is to catch up in ALL my homework. It's a daunting task, but I gotta do it.

So about the GRE, I decided to apply to COTA school and see what would happen. Well, I haven't heard from the school which is normal. I was told I might not hear anything until the spring. But I hate just waiting around and not doing anything (hence a full time job and part time and school). So, I decided to sign up to take the GRE and start studying for that. Well, after I committed to that decision and also with TONS of support and encouragement from girls at work, 2 AMAZING things happened. First- while shopping for my GRE study guide, I bumped into a complete stranger. To make a long story short, she works in Purdue University’s Engineering Department and before that she worked for ETS (educational testing service). That company produces the GRE!!!! I know, I almost died. She gave me some really great tips on how to take the test. Second- I found information concerning a scholarship to pay for grad school. If that works out, the scholarship would really change my life. But if it doesn't, I'm still gonna apply to VCU and see what happens. It's my first choice, and if it doesn't work out, I'll apply again the following year. It’s great to have direction and then things are happening that seem to back up that direction! Anyways, tonight I’ll post that video and pics of Maddi and the fam! Hope all is well with everyone!!!!! :D

2 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Can't wait to see the video. Hope everything works out for you in the area of schooling and everything. Keep us posted!

Becky Gravley said...

sounds like everything is busy, but good! i'm glad for you! =) what exactly is COTA school? i'm sure you must have mentioned it before...sorry!